[meteorite-list] Hacked Emails not coming from me

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 14:47:22 -0400

Hi List,

It has been called to my attention that a spammy/virus email is going
around that has the words "Galactic Stone" in the name field of the
email. This is not me. My computer is not sending these emails and I
do not have a smartphone either. My system is clean and harbors no
malware or viruses, so these emails are not coming from me.

The email looks like this :

> From: Galactic Stone <annabelle.arthur at orange.fr>
> Subject: Fwd: Fwd: AMAZING WEBSITE!!!
> Date: June 3, 2013 4:45:34 AM HST
> To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> hello. amazing website http://site.magnomartins.com.br/zzj/
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Needless to say, my name is not annabelle arthur, I don't have a .fr
address and I don't own a iPhone. Also, I don't email people to share
stupid stuff like entertainment or funny websites. I don't know who
this is or why they picked my "handle" to use in their bogus emails.

Best regards,

MikeG

PS - I don't think any website is "amazing", unless it's giving away
free meteorites.

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone