[meteorite-list] AD: Large Chelyabinsk

From: Jason Phillips <jnbran1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 19:54:00 -0700

Hello List,
I am selling a museum quality specimen of Chelyabinsk, one of the
greatest falls in the history of meteorites. As you have seen,
specimens over 500 grams are almost non-existent, especially those
that contain the dual lithology (IMB and LL5 chondrite material) that
is so beautiful in slice form. This specimen appears to contain the
dual lithology, and weighs in at 510 grams with ~98% crust (primary
and secondary). The documentation supporting this find is historic
and will only add to the long term value of this specimen.
Accompanying this specimen is a copy of the original letter from the
finder, the exact coordinates of this find (which is very rare for
this fall), and shipping paperwork. The find coordinates have been
submitted to Svend Buhl for submission into his wonderful work on the
Chelyabinsk fall, and buyer's name will also be given to Svend for
this find. If the buyer chooses to make slices, these would most
likely be the largest slices on the market, therefore commanding a
true premium. I am open to discussions on this specimen, but I am
confident in saying this piece is available for the lowest price
offered on the open market, as far as I have been able to see, and the
documentation is outstanding. Please contact me with any questions,
and enjoy the photos.

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w589/jnbran/Chelyabinsk/SANY0541_zpse08304cf.jpg
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w589/jnbran/Chelyabinsk/SANY0540_zps27d6a1cc.jpg
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w589/jnbran/Chelyabinsk/SANY0539_zps0d28b670.jpg