[meteorite-list] It may look serpentinite from Mars?

From: Aleksandr <alphoto_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 05:47:55 +0400

Hello Richard. In 2009, the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter device found in the Nili Fossae (and in the other two areas) deposits of the mineral serpentine, ie a large number of rocks exposed Serpentinization, water changes as you rightly pointed out. Many breeds of Mars have their analogues in the world: for example chassagnite it dunite. I wanted to know if we have the analogues of possible serpentinite, how can they look (need photos in the first place in the context of stone). On the Internet a lot of pictures of serpentinite, they are all different, some mineral pattern on the thin section might fit the Martian I still find it difficult to answer. All the same, thank you for your reply.

Hello Alek!
If serpentine, then aqueous alteration is definitely.
Richard Montgomery