[meteorite-list] Dunite meteorites?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:51:59 -0400

Hi List,

As a collector, the first meteorite I ever encountered that was
described or labeled as a "dunite" was NWA 2968. I bought a
micro-crumb of it off eBay from Noah Daleo back in 2007 or 2008.
According to the Met Bulletin write-up, it's composed of >95% olivine.
 At one point, there was some discussion that dunites were from Vesta
and would be a part of the so-called "HEDO" group. Now, the "O" seems
to have fallen out of fashion and the preferred nomenclature seems to
be "HED". Perhaps we would have had "HEDOD"....

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com