[meteorite-list] AD - Ridiculously Low Prices - Rare Material

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:40:24 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with both of you.? EBay sure isn't what it used to be. I remember when there were less then 50 meteorites being offered at any given time on eBay in 1998 and Yahoo had a better auction site.? I like the excitement of letting the buyer determine the price through bidding but eBay is not very viable anymore when rare material is selling for less than what the Moroccans or other wholesalers are asking for it.? I cannot replace the material for what price is being realized on eBay.? That is why I have been focusing on fixed priced artifacts which have a much larger audience.? I have been doing well since I took the time to have nearly everything of value papered.? Artifact collectors appreciate the extra effort put into having items papered and serialized.

No self-pairing or piggy-backing going on in artifacts, just "artifackers" which are pounded on the instant they try.? In this very poor economy, genuine dealers will not put up with idiots selling fakes.? They will mop the floor with them instantly!

Too bad, it looks like I may have to start another website and move away from auction style sells on eBay.? It used to be fun but I am tired of items being drowned out along with 8,000 other "meteorites?", some of which are not meteorites at all.?? Too much publicity isn't always a good thing!

Adam

?

so clogged full