[meteorite-list] NWA 7034

From: Greg Hupé <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:26:31 -0500

Hi Carl,

It is lunch time for us Floridians so I am just taking a break and munching
on some SNACS...

Seriously, What is the current count of NWA 7034 'official' pairings and how
many stones constitute each of those? We have all heard of 'paired' stones
making the current stone count at about a dozen or so "IF" they are indeed
paired to NWA 7034. We have been hearing and seeing images of stones offered
from Moroccan dealers as pairings.

If I read it all correctly, the original single 320g stone was the first
"NWA 7034" one. Are the three stones pictured in all of the press releases
part of one stone that adds up to 320 grams? If not, what are the weights of
the additional two stones and/or do they each have their own NWA numbers?
Also, I heard there is a 240 gram stone with the owner of the first 320g
stone, has this been confirmed yet?

The only 'officially' paired stone that I am aware of is NWA 7533 weighing
in at 84 grams.

If all of the stones that are 'guaranteed' paired to NWA 7034 by Moroccan
dealers, the combined weight is exceeding 1000 grams which is pretty cool
for such a unique meteorite!

Congrats again to all involved in bringing this new Martian meteorite to
light!

Best Regards,
Greg

====================
Greg Hup?
The Hup? Collection
gmhupe at centurylink.net
www.NaturesVault.net (Online Catalog & Reference Site)
www.LunarRock.com (Online Planetary Meteorite Site)
NaturesVault (Facebook, Pinterest & eBay)
http://www.facebook.com/NaturesVault
http://pinterest.com/NaturesVault
IMCA 3163