[meteorite-list] New 4.4g Cold find

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:14:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi Pat

>How strongly is it attracted to a magnet? In my limited experience,
a?carbonaceous?in general would be less attracted to a magnet

I would say the magnet attracts to the meteorite in the same range L-H
chondrite.I tested Allende CV3.2, Moapa ValleyCM1,These two had less
attraction for the magnet.Dag 192 CO3, NWA801 CR2, and Lucerne Dry lake
CK4 had a attraction that was close to my meteorite.

>Just by eye and heft, what is the density compared to an OC?
Carbonaceous Ch. are usually less dense than an OC

It does seem less dense than OC pieces in the same size range that I
have.

Sonny