[meteorite-list] New American Iron find

From: Craig Moody <meteoritesnorth_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 01:40:58 -0500

Hi Larry
Thanks for the input. Yes, I too initially thougt something looked wrong, until I saw the etch. As I was admiring my handiwork, I noticed that along the outer egde of the etched window, there seemed to be a very thin boarder of, what looks to be, re-crystalized metal. It is possible that it was re-heated at one time, but not enough to do any significant damage. This might explain the unusual appearance.
All the best, Craig