[meteorite-list] Creepy crawlies!

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 10:12:15 -0800

Adam and List, (nice off-topic desert fun)...

YES!! While collecting (insects) at Paramid Lake years ago, I nabbed a
Pompillidae (tarantula hawk) who's body-length was 2 inches+, and it
actually looked like a bird flying around....and it stung me.

Pain wasn't even the word for it. I remember that is felt like an electric
shock, and literally knocked my off my feet. Oddly, that's all I remember.
It now lives somewhere in the UC Davis Bohart Museum.

They literally carry tarantulas away to provision the nest for young-uns.

See you all in Tucson!
Richard Montgomery