[meteorite-list] Another update on stolen meteorites

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:32:39 -0500

I got the following information earlier today and I just wanted to
keep everyone interested updated.
Have a good weekend everybody.
John

All,
Last night the second suspect, Robert Baldwin, was apprehended and is
now in the Transylvania County jail being held under a $25,000 secured
bond. The first suspect, Brian Koontz, is still in jail.

Mr. Baldwin was asked to help us recover the remaining missing
meteorites. He is not cooperating.

So far, most of the electronics we have recovered, including the two
overhead projects, appear to be damaged beyond repair. The telescopes
have also been damaged. This morning the Sheriff release a 42?
television monitor to us that a local man had purchased for $30. It is
pretty scratched up.

We are all very pleased that the suspects have been apprehended and
that we have recovered the majority of the meteorites. But now the
frustrating follow up begins with the insurance company, the legal
system and getting PARI back to a fully operation status with
increased security measures.

Dave

David E. Clavier, Ph.D.