[meteorite-list] Dealer views of 2012 Sales

From: Greg Hupé <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:42:12 -0500

Hi Gary and All,

Gary wrote:
"My only complaint is the asinine policy changes made by the USPS regarding
(small) customs forms."

I talked to my local USPS clerk and he stated that the new Federal
requirements for the small green customs form (and probably large form, I
did not ask) are that the clerk MUST input all of the data we fill in on the
forms for Homeland Security and the post office can be fined if they do not
abide by these new rules. The customs shop in the country of destination
will compare the data from the originating post office and if they do not
match, a red flag is drawn and they will handle that package as suspicious
and do what they do from there. It is another method to catch mail bombs
before they get delivered.

So, this is what I learned today, hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Greg

====================
Greg Hup?
The Hup? Collection
gmhupe at centurylink.net
www.NaturesVault.net (Online Catalog & Reference Site)
www.LunarRock.com (Online Planetary Meteorite Site)
NaturesVault (Facebook, Pinterest & eBay)
http://www.facebook.com/NaturesVault
http://pinterest.com/NaturesVault
IMCA 3163