[meteorite-list] Images of Everett Gibson Found Holbrook Fragments

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 12:06:16 -0800 (PST)

I agree that Everett Gibson deserves the Leonard Medal.

I was very fortunate to get my hands on a very special lot of Holbrook pieces personally found by Everett Gibson in 1968. Wow, a world renown scientist and an OMH "Original Meteorite Hunter."

These pieces have the infamous history of being part of the NASA Moon-rock heist. They were in the same safe that was stolen and later recovered.? It is interesting that they mentioned Everett giving out pieces Holbrook to the interns on the documentary movie made about the now-famous heist.

For your viewing pleasure:

Holbrook link 1:
?
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/Hobrook-a.jpg