[meteorite-list] Everett Gibson for Met Soc Leonard Medal

From: Greg Hupé <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:22:52 -0500

Dear List Members,

For the last two years that I know of, Dr. Everett K. Gibson has been
nominated for the Meteoritcal Society?s Leonard Medal and a nomination for
this year is soon to be made. While I am not a Meteoritical Society member
at current time, I would encourage as many members to nominate or second the
nomination of Everett for his outstanding contributions to the scientific
community and more!! Everett is Senior Scientist and Astrobiologist in the
Astromaterials Research Office at NASA-JSC. If non-members nominations or
seconds ARE considered, I certainly do nominate and/or second Everett for
the Leonard Medal!!

The rules allow for any number of seconders. To be a seconder you should
write (email) to the Chairman of the Leonard Medal Committee Herbert Palme
(palmeherbert at gmail.com). In case I have that wrong you should send a copy
to Greg Herzog (metsocsec at gmail.com). The deadline is January 15th. I hope
you will feel you would like to support Everett.

Best Regards,
Greg

Greg Hup?
The Hup? Collection