[meteorite-list] WANTED: Holbrook stones from historic sources (Nininger, Monnig, Univ. Mexico...)

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 12:12:31 -0800 (PST)

First, congrats to Jay Piatek.

Second, this stone is presently listed in the MetBull as an ungrouped achondrite, not as a Martian because it does not fall under the SNC umbrella. However, why was this not classified as at least a Martian and perhaps ungrouped? I realize that a new class requires normally 5 different specimens even if ALH 8001 is the only member of the Martian (OPX) group ...

Mendy