[meteorite-list] New website : Encyclopedia of French Meteorites (BEUSTE)

From: karmaka <karmaka-meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 14:35:46 +0100

Hello Pierre,

congratulations on this excellent new website and thanks for the effort!

There's one question about the meteorite of BEUSTE.

http://meteor-center.com/encyclopedie/?p=73

It's always said that the Mus?e de Pau contains the 420g mass.

When I went to Beuste and Pau last year I wanted to see the specimen.
That's why I phoned all the museums of Pau to find out in which museum in Pau
the meteorite is exhibited. Strangely, on the phone no museum in Pau could confirm
that they actually have or exhibit this meteorite. Even the mayor of Beust couldn't help.

Can anyone confirm that the 420g BEUSTE mass is actually still held in a museum in Pau?

Has anyone actually seen it there in the recent past?

Best regards,

Martin