[meteorite-list] 24 gram Pahrump Meteorite Find 12-29-2012

From: Rob Lenssen <rlenssen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 21:44:07 +0100

Hi Abe,

Congratulations with this beautiful fresh find!

With respect to the classification:
Next to standard classification, you might want to consider trying to have
gamma-spectroscopy performed.
Gamma-spectroscopy on very fresh meteorites concerns the measurement of
short-lived radionuclides, and makes it possible (for very recent Falls
only!) to estimate a date of Fall.
Maybe you will be able to link it to an observed/recorded meteor.

All the best,
Rob Lenssen
IMCA #1681
www.AsteroidChippings.com