[meteorite-list] Danby Dry Lake

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 07:10:46 -0700

Hi all and Happy New Year!

I just wanted to share a few pictures showing the breccia of a Danby
Dry Lake Meteorite. I've search the web high and low and can not find
much in the way of pictures for Danby Dry Lake....at least the insides
of the meteorite.

The pictures are not the best in the world (I am working on that) but
the camera does indeed reveal the breccia far better than the naked
eye. Trying to get one of these into the bulletin, but have not had
much luck getting my pictures accepted in the past, so not holding my
breath.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/desertsunburn/Danby%20Dry%20Lake%20Meteorite/DSCN1034.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/desertsunburn/Danby%20Dry%20Lake%20Meteorite/DSCN0997.jpg

There is no extra charge for the "focus" hair in the photo!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/desertsunburn/Danby%20Dry%20Lake%20Meteorite/DSCN0991.jpg

Cheers!

Jim

--