[meteorite-list] Axel Alex video

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:09:37 -0800

Hi Robin,

I want to thank you for all the detective work you've been doing on the
Russian meteor -- particularly determining the locations of some of the
video cameras that recorded either the bolide itself, or its contrail and
sonic booms.

> This little-viewed video (603 views) by Axel Alex:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R99zvcrqXo8

> appears to be taken directly under the path of the meteor close to its
> point of main conflagration (my terminology). From some coordinates
> supplied by Serge in an email update, the text of which does not appear
> on the above page. This was clearly taken at the coordinates Serge
> supplied: 54.872644 N, 61.200792 E, with three smokestacks behind a
> building:

<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=54.872644+N,+61.200792+E&hl=en&ll=54.872687,61.20
2066&spn=0.004574,0.008497&sll=51.533333,55.008889&sspn=0.660343,0.582275&t=h&z=
17>

This location is extremely close to the main disruption event (can't quite
call it a terminal burst since a significant mass continues downrange from
this point). Looks to be only 1 km north of the ground track of the
bolide. Closest line-of-sight distance to the meteor track would have
been just under 26 km.

--Rob