[meteorite-list] AD - Black Beauty

From: jason utas <jasonutas_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:37:01 -0800

Hello Carl,
On the contrary, the only reason I included the statement regarding
ethylene glycol was because I was informed by a customer that at least
some of the material on the market had been cut with synthetic
lubricant. S/he made a point of purchasing specimens that had not
been 'messed with' after making inquiries.

And, yes, that statement applies. Perhaps not to the material from
the 320 gram stone, but the vast majority of the material I have seen
for sale has come from other sources.

I've only seen a few grams of slices from Mr. Piatek's stone, but it
does not surprise me that you would have curated it well.

Though I will say that it was a bit steep.

Regards,
Jason