[meteorite-list] artistic meteorite "rebirth" & AD

From: info at moonmarsrocks.com <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:48:41 -0700

The artist in me appreciates the creative process she is pursuing, but
the scientist in me totally cringes that she used (destroyed) the
meteorite itself as her medium and completely transformed the meteorite
into something else: a metal sculpture. She could have done the same
thing with the silicon mold by pouring plain ole molten metal and
preserved the meteorite intact. In the end, I would choose the universe
created version.

For a less invasive original meteorite art display, check out my new
Meteorman pen&ink/color drawing with a lunar rock fragment
embellishment, listed on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130841063543?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Best regards,

Daniel