[meteorite-list] Workshop: Comets as Tracers of Solar System Formation and Evolution

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:45:21 -0800 (PST)

http://icw.space.swri.edu/index.htm

Comets as Tracers of Solar System Formation and Evolution
July 9-11, 2013
Toulouse, France

Abstract submission deadline: March 31, 2013
On-line registration deadline: April 30, 2013
Maximum number of participants: 60

We are pleased to announce a workshop on the role of comets in
understanding the formation and evolution of the Solar System. This
meeting will take place in a three-day science program comprised of
themed sessions, and featuring a mixture of invited reviews, invited and
contributed talks and posters.

The workshop will cover topics ranging from the dynamical and chemical
evolution of the solar nebula during formation, to the techniques for
measuring the composition of comets. Invited speakers include some of
the community leaders in cometary science, measurements and technology
development. We will discuss the role that Rosetta measurements will
play in understanding the origin of Solar System bodies, and what future
missions to comets are being planned. Abstract submissions for posters
and for talks are encouraged, although the number of talks available is
limited in order to keep the meeting to three days. Register early, as
space is limited to no more than 60 participants! There will be a
special issue of the journal Planetary and Space Science devoted to the
works presented at this meeting.

Science Organizing Committee:

Kathleen Mandt (co-chair)
Olivier Mousis (co-chair)