[meteorite-list] Most searched meteorites of 2013

From: Jeff Grossman <jngrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:22:51 -0500

Something happened in week 18 of 2013 (end of April), and thousands of
people looked at Sikhote-Alin. This was about 7 weeks after the fall of
Chelyabinsk. I don't know what it triggered this. But this spike,
combined with the normal background interest in S-A, put it in 1st place.

In point of fact, you may recall that my server got taken down by a
crush of hits on Fukang in October, when an article got posted on the
Facebook page "I f---ing love science". From the log, I could tell that
I was getting many thousands of (failed) hits per hour. If I could have
handled this, Fukang would have beaten both S-A and Chelyabinsk.

Jeff