[meteorite-list] Ad: New CO3 meteorite, fantastic polished slices

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 16:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone, happy labor day in the USA.
?
I am happy to announce a meteorite that has been sitting on my desk since Munich show, 2010!
Finally classified and in the Bulletin recently.
?
?
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=57624
?
It is NWA 7916, CO3.
S2 W1
?
A single very nice complete stone weighing only 897 grams is all that is known.
It is very dark inside when polished to a mirror finish.
?
I have cut it up into slices and offer them now.?
I have the following pieces available.
All slices are complete and polished to mirror finish on one side, wire saw cut on backside allowing for easier viewing of small chondrules
and metal. Both sides of the slices look great.
?
CO3 meteorite are not common, only 345 known and this includes endless pairings from Antarctica.
?
Main Mass, 1/2 stone 582 grams
?
Slices