[meteorite-list] Prehistoric Meteorite 'Shrines' in Arizona May Be Linked, Says Archaeo-Astronomer

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:11:05 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you Shawn,

But, this article makes very little sense.

First there is no such a thing as the "Wingfield" meteorite, not in the
MetBulletin, not in ASU's catalog, but his description fits well the
Camp Verde meteorite, found in a stone cyst in an Indian ruin just
south of Camp Verde, Arizona, and now in ASU's collection.

Also, he wrote: " analyses of both the Wingfield and Winona meteorites
performed decades later found them to be identical." Well....... no,
Camp Verde is a transported Canyon Diablo, an octahedrite; Winona
is........ a Winonaite! Nothing similar about those two.

And if he wants to discuss meteorites found in cysts in Indian ruins,
he forgot the largest one: Casas Grandes.

Anybody in Arizona knows the author of that article?
Or wants to go talk to him?

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com