[meteorite-list] Turkey Meteorite? Marble with coat? 11AUG2013

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:26:13 +0000

Hello List,

The Big Kahuna just reminded me of the tan-colored fusion crust
of aubrites. Well, I was only referring to the marble-like look of
the matrix of that supposed meteorite because my tiny Norton
County specimen does have that marble-like look.

Aubrites actually have only little iron, which results in that light
brown, almost glassy fusion crust. The supposed meteorite (if
it really is one) must be rich in iron - otherwise the fusion crust
could not be so dark.

So, ... what is it? The guessing goes on ;-)

Best wishes,

Bernd