[meteorite-list] Ad: Extremely Fresh L4 - white/grey matrix - NEW Meteorite

From: Matthew Martin <mmartin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:05:30 -0500

Aloha Everyone,

I'm pleased to introduce a new, extremely fresh L4 meteorite, NWA 7827
(Provisional). Believed to be from a fall on December 16, 2012 in
Mauritania, this beautifully shocked L4 displays well with it's rich
black fusion crust and light grey and white matrix with shock veins
throughout. Dr. Tony Irving from the University of Washington
analyzed the stone and has classified it an L4 chondrite, S3, W0.

The 467g stone I purchased had beautiful regmaglypts covering half of
the stone, and I did not want to destroy them. So I only cut the
featureless half of the stone. I only produced 4 slices out of the
half which I cut: 8.3g, 35g, 38.9g, 47.1g. That's it! You can see
and purchase the 4 slices and 275g main mass on my website. I will
have a few auctions on eBay in the near future for some of the small
fragments (which broke off during cutting--all are less than a gram.

See all slices and the main mass on my website: www.meteoritetreasures.com

If interested in any slices, the main mass, or even the fragments
(before they're listed on eBay), please contact me off-list.

Also, I have small, medium and large membrane boxes available. The
are made in the USA, have hinges for durability and stability when
opening, and are deeper than previous membrane boxes which have become
nearly impossibly to get hold of.

You can see the membrane boxes on my site here: http://tinyurl.com/cocedw4

Thanks for looking everyone!

Aloha,