[meteorite-list] Help identifying stone I found

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 14:06:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I found a suspected meteorite. I am not sure what it is. It could be
terrestrial but there are some features that make me think it could be
a howardite or eucrite. As a hunter
I always remind myself while hunting that there are different stages of
weathering for all meteorites, from a fresh fall to a highly weathered
lake bed find. This sometimes makes it difficult to identify all the
different types of meteorites. Then I think about brecciated, impact
melts, anomolous, etc. and that just adds to the challenge.

This new find has a similiar attraction to a magnet as NWA 1109
polymict eucrite. The matrix is also very close in color.

Any help would be appreciated. I have included a link to the pictures
of the stone below.

Sonny

http://www.nevadameteorites.com/nevadameteorites/Sonny_Clary_nevadameteorites.html