[meteorite-list] Wolcott CT meteorite fall analysis

From: Marc Fries <chief_scientist_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:19:10 -0700

Howdy all

        The guys and gals at the Galactic Analytics shop have been wringing our brains out over the Wolcott CT event, which was by all accounts a meteorite fall. A meteorite has been recovered from a home after striking the roof on the night of 19 Apr (20 Apr UTC). We have examined all the available evidence - seismometer, radar, eyewitness accounts, etc., and the data set is quite sparse. Nonetheless we at least have a bolide direction to offer on the web page. That should help guide a ground search, and hopefully lead to more meteorites recovered from this event - the first meteorite fall in the US in 2013.

http://wp.me/p2AyTK-iB

Cheers,
Marc Fries, Rob Matson, Jake Schaefer, Jeff Fries, Vishnu Reddy and Lucille LeCorre
Galactic Analytics/PSI, in mid-transition...