[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk - IMB or SMB? The nomenclature of Melts.

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:23:15 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff and Anne

I agree about the melt. I noticed a piece were it was black all the way through and when I spoke with who I got the sample from, I was told it was melt, and from my understanding that was cause through impaction in space with other asteroids, and also Mike had also made a point how Chelyabinsk melt can be simular to Cat Mountain. I also notice that the melt is hard to break up, but the magnetic properties is the sample with non melt and melt samples I have. It will be exciting to see how many impacts can be examined from the melt :)

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633ny/m.html