[meteorite-list] eBay Frauder at it AGAIN..... PLEASE READ & PASS IT ON.

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Hello
?
Awhile back a few members in the meteorite community?brought the attention of Jorge AKA (galeriacores) from ebay on?his activities of doing a switch out with an OUM Dreyga and trying to sell it as a?Chelyabisk meteorite. I bet the OUM Dreyga isnt even a OUM Drega, but a normal NWA stone.
?
However, not sure that many people know this, but Jorge has changed his name to space-mets on ebay.
?
If you click on the links down below?where he was caught red handed trying to switch out the OUM Dreyga as a Chelyabinsk under the ebay?name as?galeriacores, you will see those auction are now?associated with his new name, space-mets, please look at link down below.
?
?
Oum Dreyga link: http://tinyurl.com/czowu6y?this auction was POSTED Jan 25 2013 well before the Feb 15?2013 fall were?he uses the same photos to try to sell it off as a Chelyabinsk meteorite in the link below.
Chelyabinsk link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321081034359?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_...
?
?
In addition to those two auctions, here are more past ebay auctions where he was trying to pass off meteorites as lunar meteorites.
http://meteorite-identification.com/ebay/SSeller/galeriacores/22080...
http://meteorite-identification.com/ebay/SSeller/galeriacores/22080...
http://meteorite-identification.com/ebay/SSeller/galeriacores/22080...
http://meteorite-identification.com/ebay/SSeller/galeriacores/22080...
?
Now under the new name space-mets, Jorge is selling meteorites that are from Chile, which they arent.
?
one of his auctions says this in the title...
?
Rare ATACAMA find METEORITE, 541gr with a non polished window to view inside
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-ATACAMA-find-METEORITE-541gr-with-a-non-polished-window-to-view-inside-/321110464121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac3acd679
?
There is no meteorite from Chile that is associated with the name Atacama find, and all the meteorites from Chile have a name, but not that one. Again, Jorge space-mets ebay handle and was??galeriacores before he switched it out his name,?is selling misrepresented meteorites, and continues to do this without caring for the well being of the meteorite community.
?
He is also selling XXX NWA meteorites as.....
?
Big and Heavy individual Algerian Tindouf 1285.2gr Meteorite Rock stone
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-and-Heavy-individual-Algerian-Tindouf-1285-2gr-Meteorite-Rock-stone-/350772743371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51abaf4ccb
?
If you have bought items from in the pass, I would?suggest you looking into the authenticity, put it to the side and also inform other members of what?he?continues to do on ebay and else where. And lastly, people that say, only buy from IMCA members, there are great dealers and sellers that arent IMCA members and have world class reputations. But we can do is be informed of this individual and keep reporting him to ebay and also communicating with other?members in the meteorite community about his behavior and let me people know that they need to think twice before they buy something from him.
?
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store