[meteorite-list] Uh! Oh!

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:33:31 -0400

Adam,
 I agree with the authorities in this case. They were right to make arrests. What bothers me is your statement that meteorites are now "Cultural property" because of coarse they are NOT!
 Question; Are meteorites really considered to be "cultural property"? Because if they are unless they are found on private land based on this story, We hunters risk arrest???? see link to story here;
http://myfwc.com/news/news-releases/2013/february/27/artifacts-arrests/
This is rather scary when you consider the fact that meteorites are really just rocks until an expert declares them to be authentic and even them mistakes are made.
What has happened to America?
Carl
meteoritemax
--