[meteorite-list] Glenn Huss

From: Peter Davidson <P.Davidson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:35:31 +0000

Hello Friends

I wonder if anyone on the list can help me with some information about the famous collector Glenn Huss. I have been working on the collection recently and came across a specimen which we have now discovered is linked to the collection of Glenn Huss by dint of having a Huss Catalogue Number on the specimen . It is a specimen of the Wellman meteorite and was purchase from the mineral dealer David New of Montana in 1977 as part of a larger consignment which also included two other meteorites (Wiluna and Allende) as well as several mineral specimens. The Catalogue of Meteorites (CoM) lists five Wellman entries (a,b,c,d and e) I was wondering which one ours could fit into. It is clearly an H type chondrite but whether it is H4 or H5 I can't really tell. I wondered if the catalogue of the Huss collection exists somewhere and wondered if I could match up the Huss number on our specimen with the register number in the catalogue. I am also keen to add any additional information into our own database here. All replie
s will be gratefully received.

PS Notice I have resisted talking about the death of Margaret Thatcher (oops!)

Cheers

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals

National Museums Collection Centre
242 West Granton Road
Edinburgh
EH5 1JA
00 44 131 247 4283
p.davidson at nms.ac.uk

Vikings! Discover their untold story in a new exhibition of treasures. National Museum of Scotland, 18 January ? 12 May. Book now
www.nms.ac.uk/vikings

National Museums Scotland, Scottish Charity, No. SC 011130
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Museums Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.