[meteorite-list] Contest Entry Results

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 12:07:34 -0600

Team Meteorite:

I note the comments on average eBay prices for the Chelyabinsk met.

For your entertainment and instant comaprison, here are the final
received entries for the "Guess the per gram average dealer price for
the Chelyabinsk meteorite on November 30, 2014 and win an ebook copy
of "The Art of Collecting Meteorites" AND "The Global Meteorite Price
Report - 2015". For the tie-breaker, also indicate how many dealers
will be offering this meteorite.

The full contest rules can be found in the archives for March 25.

Before viewing the list, but of note...

I listened to the PBS interview with Meenakshi Wadhwa, a distinguished
meteorite researcher, from a link posted here on the list, who would
like a specimen or two predicting a price of ".... hundreds of
thousands of dollars per gram..."

Anyone selling this Russian meteorite would be advised to shoot
Meenakshi an email inquiry. But why not surprise her with your
low-priced offer?

Final contest entries, from high to low are:

Michael Brooks - $50/gm - 50 dealers

Jan Woreczko - $37/gm - 8 dealers

Bob King - $32/gm - 14 dealers

Linda Barany - $30/gm - 25 dealers

Jim Brady - $17/gm - 17 dealers

Fed Hall - $15/gm - 25 dealers

Mark Murphy - $11/gm - 22 dealers

Don Hurkot - $7.47/gm - 27 dealers

Paul Gessler - $7/gm - 12 dealers

Ben Fisler - $6/gm - 15 dealers

Anne Black - $5/gm - 8 dealers

Gary Steward - $4/gm - 32 dealers

Larry Atkins - $3/gm - 12 dealers

Rob Holcomb - $1.50/gm - 15 dealers

Good luck to all, the winner will be announced in December, 2014.

Kevin Kichinka
Rio del Oro, Santa Ana, Costa Rica
www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com
'The Global Meteorite Price Report - 2013'
Marsrox at gmail.com