[meteorite-list] Ancient Scale Weight 27.04g (mesosiderite????)

From: William Feek <lunarmajor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:23:25 -0700

Hi All,
I have an artifact which I'd like to find out if whether or not it's made from a meteorite.
It has the same characteristics as the mesosiderites in my collection, those being NWA 2932 and Toufassour.
A magnet pulls equally as hard as it does on my whole stones, and looking at it under a loupe it looks to be stony.
But I could be wrong about all of this, wouldn't be the first time that's for sure.
The problem is I don't have the nerve to damage it such as by cutting and polishing.
So I ask, is there a non invasive way of making a determination?
I want to let anyone interested get a look at it and ask for their comments, advice, or opinions.
Check it out and let me know what you think.
Here's a link to some images:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c1261b1849deb6dc&id=C1261B1849DEB6DC%21188#cid=C1261B1849DEB6DC&id=C1261B1849DEB6DC%21174
Be sure to click on "View original" to see the highest resolution and get the best look.
Thanks, William