[meteorite-list] Big Sun-diving Comet Discovered: Comet C/2012 S1(ISON)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:40:40 -0400

There is always the possibility of an unexpected outburst. Just a few
years back, we saw that with comet Holmes (2007 or 2008?). That comet
provided a lot of great observing for weeks before it faded and nobody
saw that outburst coming. Under moderately bright urban skies, Holmes
achieved naked eye visibility. This new comet could put on a similar
show.
--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone