[meteorite-list] stability of morasko iron

From: spocke <spocke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:39:45 +0200

Hi,

I would like to share with my experience. I have full 326g Morasko meteorite. After one year of keeping this meteorite in Qatari climate I notice some rust on it. I vacuum dry it and I keeping my rock in a jar with Silica gel. I think that in most of the climates around the world this meteorite is stable. Qatar is very humid country (sometimes 95% humidity) and there is probably some salt in the air from the sea. That is why it got rusted. The same samples of Morasko meteorites are very stable in polish climate.

Best regards,
Marcin Kozusznik.