[meteorite-list] Addendum on UK fireball

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 19:46:05 -0700

Yes, the fantastic photo from O'Brien's at the Cliffs of Moher on
the west coast of Ireland suggests most of the UK fireball
completely crossed Ireland and headed out over the north Atlantic.
Given that it was already fragmenting when it passed north of
Preston, UK, the altitude must have been very high and the
entry angle extremely shallow. I suggest there's a chance
that some of the meteoroid made it back into space, a la
the Great Daylight Meteor over the Grand Tetons in '72.

--Rob