[meteorite-list] BLM

From: Greg Hupé <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:43:07 -0400

Hello All,

With such 'loose' and broad 'laws/suggestions-2-law', it is a fact that the
next really large find from old fall or fresh fall that a private individual
finds on 'public' land will end up in court! I believe the private sector
has a much better grasp and respect for meteorites that are found on public
land than ANY bureaucratic agency can even come close to understanding. The
private sector contributes far greater personal resources (financial and
personal time), at a MUCH CHEAPER rate, than any governmental body could
even consider!! Something to chew on while smoking a stogy with one of the
Good 'ol Boy DC types!!!

Best Regards,
Greg