[meteorite-list] New unpaired CO3.6 Meteorites!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:07:29 -0400

Hi John and List,

Those are gorgeous meteorites. And what are the odds of two rare
sub-types being found and classified in succession? I can't recall
two sequential classifications of the same rare sub-type.

It seems that 2012 has been a very interesting year for rare meteorite
types. We have the Sutter's Mill fall (CM2.1?), Katol (igneous
achondrite?), your CO3.6 stones, new CM2's from NWA, and a cornucopia
of assorted achondrites and planetaries. Just go to the Met Bull
database and search for classifications in 2012 and you'll see what I
mean. I keep hearing that the so-called "Saharan Gold Rush of
Meteorites" is over, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the recent
classifications. We might be seeing fewer outstanding specimens
coming out of the NWA area, but the ones we do see are fantastic.

Some of the latecomers might have missed the peak of the NWA Gold
Rush, but it's still a great time to be a collector.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com