[meteorite-list] Battle Mountain Field report / strewn field conditions / etc.

From: karmaka <karmaka-meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 12:00:59 +0200

Thanks for the video of the discovery of BaM01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgS0uYCICM

Martin

Von: Robert Verish <bolidechaser at yahoo.com>
 An: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
 Betreff: Re: [meteorite-list] Battle Mountain Field report / strewn field conditions / etc.
 Datum: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 04:14:56 +0200

Hello All,

 I've returned from Battle Mountain to bring Moni back home (she had to go back to work today) and to resupply for a return trip to Antler Peak and Trout Canyon.
 I want to take this time to thank all of the people that sent Moni and me "congratulatory" messages for finding BaM01 and for their kind words of encouragement and support.

 I also want to thank all of our fellow met-hunters who we met numerous times in the strewn-field as we crossed-paths. Everyone was very supportive and we all hunted in very complimentary manner. There was a lot of data sharing and there were no laws broken (by hunters) once everyone knew where the borders of the unmarked "1 sq. mi. mining exploration lease" were located.

 In particular, I want to thank Marc Fries, Sonny Clary, and Robert Ward.
 To Marc for pin-pointing where to go search. (this is a "happy client testimonial" for Marc's Galactic Analytics services;-)
 To Sonny Clary who was always supportive and told me how to get to the area I wanted to hunt where I eventually made my find, and
 To Robert Ward who worked hard (even outside the strewn-field after hours) to "acquire" the big stone, and who took time from his hunting to drive around and tell all the other hunters where the "off-limits" area was located. (At that same meeting he showed me the 954 gram stone and told me exactly where it was found - and at that moment Moni took a photo of Robert and me (I have a stunned-look) with him smiling and holding his recent acquisition.:-)

 More photos will be included in my follow-up report, of course, but that link will have to be posted at a later time.

 Good luck to all of the hunters currently out there and I sincerely wish you all even better luck than I was blessed.
 Take care and safe travels,
 Moni Waiblinger and Bob Verish