[meteorite-list] AD: Gibeon Anvil Slices, update and new photos

From: Steve Arnold <meteorhntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 14:15:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hey List,

Just a quick notice, I do have a few more Gibeon Anvil slices up for
sale at the $499 sale price (marked down from $900). I was able to
re-polish them, re-etch them, get the acid in the cavities (squished
regmaglypts) neutralized this time around, so it would stop over
etching after I wanted it to stop. And these look AMAZING now. 100%
improvement. They even took fairly good photos. But like most irons,
they still look better in your hand as you can turn them to capture the
light just right with them.

Here are the new photos:

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/stevearnoldpmh/Gibeon%20Anvil%20Slices/

I also have what I feel is the best one remaining out of the batch up
on Ebay on a 3 day sale here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320979330044&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

For those not aware, the story of this specimen was written up in the
current issue of Meteorite Magazine and you can go back into the
archives and read my comments about this unique piece.

Folks, this is a killer price. Grab one of these before they all get
turned into knife blades!

Steve Arnold
Host of Science Channel's TV Series Meteorite Men
?????? www.ScienceChannel.com
Co-Founder of America's Meteorite Store: Meteorites & More, 28 1/2
Spring St., Eureka Springs, AR 72632
President Palladot Inc, Extra-terrestrial Gemstones
?????? www.Palladot.com
Facebook:? MeteoriteMan??
Facebook:? SteveArnoldMeteorite
Facebook:? Meteorite Men