[meteorite-list] how many lunar/martian meteorites?

From: Matt Morgan <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 15:51:05 -0600

According to this list I count 64 unique lunars. Perhaps Dr. Korotev can provide a better number.

I guess we need to have a definition of "rare", "very rare", "scarce", etc. We are all guilty of using those words and they may mean something different to each of us.

In any case, yes I remember when there was one stinking lunar in private hands. I am glad for all of us they are not "rare" anymore and we can have them as large specimens in our collections.

Matt

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites
P.O. Box 151293