[meteorite-list] Battle Mountain Field report / strewn field conditions / etc.

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:20:47 -0400

Hi Gang,

Is it just me, or does the meteorite the miner is holding look more
weathered or desert-varnished than a fresh fall should be? The
"crust" looks light-medium brown and somewhat glossy. It looks the
way one would expect a lightly-weathered and moderately wind-polished
specimen from NWA to look. This look more like a hot desert find that
has been laying around for a while. The crust is not blackened and
doesn't appear fresh. Perhaps the lighting conditions, flash, or
camera settings?

Just my two cents from the armchair peanut gallery.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com