[meteorite-list] 'Meteorite day' at the Manchester Museum

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 21:40:35 +0000

Hi all,

Myself, Graham Ensor and Luther Jackson have just returned from having
a BIMS display at 'Meteorite day' at the Manchester Museum. We had an
excellent time and were kept very busy all day. 'Meteorite day' was
part of Manchester science week and took place during half term so
there was a constant stream of eager children passing by our display.
There was also a team from Manchester University with plenty of
meteorite thin sections to look at and they were also conducting
impact experiments and had a go at producing a live comet display.
Great fun was had by everyone though we all now have very sore throats
from non stop talking all day. We also ran a 'guess the meteorite'
competition to win some meteorites which proved very popular :-)

I will prepare a write up of our day as and when time allows but in
the meantime i have uploaded some photos which can be seen at the link
below:

(http://msg-meteorites.co.uk/meteorite-adventures/bims-stand-at-meteorite-day-at-the-manchester-museum/bims-stand-at-meteorite-day-at-the-manchester-museum-photos)

Please take a look if interested.

Cheers