[meteorite-list] AD- Clean looking Buehler Isomet Saw on eBay for $1100

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 05:31:43 -0700

Hello Pat and all!

I have this model saw and it is a fine machine in my little cutting
room. However, Buehler no longer supports these older machines and
one might struggle finding replacement parts for them if needed.

If this machine came with all the tooling and options for it, then it
might be worth what is being asked. It also helps to have a nearby
machinist that can make slide and plug holders, etc.,

In regards to thin sections, it works fine doing all the rough cutting
and such that is needed to prepare a thin section and has been a work
horse in many cutting rooms around the world. It's a matter of
experience with a particular saw as to how thin you want your cut to
be. IMHO, .008" is really pushing the final cut.

I use a 5 inch thin blade on mine. I've seen 6" blades being used
with some minor modifications. The 3" blades from buehler are indeed
pricey!

Cheers!

Jim