[meteorite-list] AD - Stabilized Iron Meteorite, American Meteorite Map, Rare Black Trinitite, Website Update News (Killer New Logo!)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 16:55:32 -0400

Hi Friends and Collectors,

I have a few new offerings this week. As always, you can use your
coupon code "metlist" at checkout for 20% off all prices. :)

NEW THIS WEEK :

Pat Mulvany stabilized Campo del Cielo iron meteorite (nickel patina,
1.23 pounds) - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/campo-del-cielo-iron-meteorite-nickel-585

Black Trinitite (cross-section piece shows inside, LAST BLACK PIECE) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/trinitite--rare-black-variant--very-dark-color-visible-cross-section

Guide to North American Meteorites Map (oversize wall map, laminated,
ONLY ONE) - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/guide-to-north-american-meteorites-laminated-wall-map-39x26

All new specimens - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/brand-new

Fossil Amber (use coupon code "amber50" for 50% off all amber prices)
- http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/copal-amber

Riker Box Displays (Meteorites, Trinitite, and others) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/riker-box-displays

A few quick notes about the new offerings :

The North American Meteorites map is from my personal collection. It
is not the same as the US Meteorite Map sold previously in my store.
This is a great map that is suitable for educational/outreach use or
for framing/display in the home or office. The photos I have taken
are not very good because there is some glare off the lamination. It
is a superb-looking map with a lot of good data on it. It is very
informative with a lot of associated text, data, facts, stats, etc. I
only have one of these available.

The black trinitite is the last piece I have. I overlooked it when
going through my collection a couple of weeks ago, but found it when
packing orders a several days ago. It is an excellent piece and I
don't understand how I previously overlooked it. It's one of the
darkest black pieces I have seen and it was formed in cross-section,
so you can see the inside which is usually hidden from view. It
appears to have formed this way or was broken very shorty after
formation. It does not appear to be broken from recent damage or
handling.

The Pat Mulvany stabilized iron meteorite is one of the rare "nickel
patina" specimens that has a gleaming and eye-catching bare metal
finish. It's stunning and it takes more work and time to achieve this
patina during stabilization. This is one of only a small handful to
be offered this year and all of them have sold rather quickly after
being offered. I don't expect this one to last long.

Website News :

The switch-over to the new website look is almost finished. I have
been making cosmetic tweaks and the new logo graphic is in place.
Although the site looks very different from before, it still works the
same way. If you have any questions about the new layout, feel free
to email me.

Also, if you encounter any glitches or errors with the checkout or
coupon code, email me and let me know.

Shipping Updates :

All orders from last week have been shipped. If you have not received
your recent order, it is on the way and will arrive any day now.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG

PS - look me up on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest at the links
below. Send me a friend or follow request and I will follow back. :)

PSS - good luck to the hunters on the ground in Novato!

PSSS - good luck to any hunters still on the ground on Battle Mountain!

PSSSS - let's get out there and find some more Sutter's Mill stones
now that the vegetation is dying back!

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone