[meteorite-list] Budha statue analysis

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:30:55 -0400

Hi List,

I had meant to comment on this when Martin posted his most recent
links calling into question the media-accepted story of the statue. I
am not an expert in Tibetan culture, but I do study and practice
Tibetan Buddhism. My first gut instinct on seeing the statue was that
it was a genuine period item, but not created by Tibetan or Eastern
craftsman. It looked, to me, like an European or Western
interpretation of Eastern motifs.

Upon reading the report pointing out the discrepancies in the statue
and it's provenance, it seems apparent that the stated origin is
dubious.

Nobody is challenging the meteoritic origin. The statue appears to be
genuine iron meteorite. Everything else is up for debate.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com