[meteorite-list] Orionoid micrometeorites?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:48:09 -0400

Hi Brandon,

I think Chris made some good points. Depending on your location, the
air may be filled with particulate junk from industry. Generally
speaking, if your area has chronic problems with poor atmospheric
transparency, then you will likely be exposed to numerous sources of
particulates.

Some of the specimens do resemble micro-meteorites, but even at this
apparent tiny size, they are still much larger than the majority of
micro-meteorites I have seen or read about.

If they are not micrometeorites, then it's a glaring example of how
much junk and pollution is pumped into the environment by factories,
refineries, foundries, and industry. Just imagine how much this crap
we eat, drink, and breathe!

Regardless of what they are, they are interesting and it would be fun
(and informative) to have them analyzed and see what exactly they are
made of. Apparently we have this stuff falling on us all the time,
and it would be nice to know what the heck it is. Is it toxic?

Best regards,

MikeG

Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone