[meteorite-list] CA Fireball Meteor 17OCT2012

From: michael cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:29:58 -0600

Hello,

Brien, why you even responded to this, let alone take offense, just shows you do not know what your talking about.

I have found so many meteorites in my years, that not finding a Sutter's Mill piece was not that big of a deal. It did a little damage to my record of recovered witnessed falls ...I believe my record is now 11/1.

What irks me is that a TV show has trained a lot of wannabe hunters, and you have 100's show up in densely populated areas like California, roaming around, trespassing, breaking laws, creating problem after problem, etc.
The majority of those wannabe's want THE MILLION DOLLAR Meteorite! That is TV's legacy to meteorite hunting. When you have 100's of ill trained wannabe's roaming around your neihborhood, you do have a time frame before the local resident rebel from this event. That is a fact.

I doubt any of my meteorite hunting friends from California take offense at what I posted. In fact, most understand exactly what I am talking about. After you have a few strewn fields under your belt, in a few different areas, you too will know what I am talking about.

One more thing Brien, you should of signed your name "The Meteorite Men Zombies" that is more correct.

BEST OF LUCK to all of you out there hunting ....

Michael Cottingham