[meteorite-list] Heritage auction

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

So far, the most expensive piece went for close to $47,000.00 including the buyers' premium for a Canyon Diablo. It looks like lunar meteorites are still king averaging more per gram than any other type.? The large Libyan lunar failed to sell even though it was reasonably priced. The large Tissint Martian piece failed to garner a single bid.?? I am surprised the sculptural irons didn't fair well either.

The 5.147gram NWA 5000 piece offered by somebody other than myself sold for $1,700.00/gram, slightly above the appraisal average given at the official NWA website:

You still have one day to make a low offer on the NWA 5000 main mass before it is escalated to the next selling sequence plateau:

http://themeteoritesite.com/

Kind Regards,

Adam

?